The last days of summer are winding down, but rays of sun still hang on for many of us. Let's have one last fling with summer with a few summer garden writing prompts! Below, please find some fun prompts that will help jumpstart your writing. As always, we'd love to see your work! Please post your writing in the comments.
- Write a short story from the perspective of a flower that only blooms once a decade.
- Develop a short screenplay about children who become lost in a fantastical garden.
- Create a poem that describes your fondest gardening memory.
- In 100 words, write a story about the last summer harvest.
- Write a short story about a magical garden that the main character finds in the most unlikely of places.
- Create a poem about the sunflowers in a neighbor's yard.
- Craft a story where the protagonist discovers a race of tiny creatures living in her family's garden.
- In ten words or less, describe the world's most beautiful garden.
- Create a flash fiction work where flowers deliver advice to your protagonist.
- Write a short story where a flower, sent as a gift, causes quite a disturbance for an entire town.